Why choose BTEC Nationals?
Alongside A Levels, BTEC Nationals are the most widely recognised qualification for admission to Higher Education. BTECs are career based qualifications designed to give students the practical skills and specialist knowledge they need to progress along their chosen learning and career path.
Young people taking their first steps towards a new career need the right blend of technical and academic skills in order to become the highly skilled, workready individuals employers and universities look for.
BTEC Level 3 Nationals are vocational qualifications designed to help learners succeed. They have been developed in collaboration with over 5,000 universities, employers and professional bodies with employability at the heart, so learners can develop the skills and confidence they will need to step into their future.
• Equivalent in size and value to two A Levels
• Assessment is done unit by unit through the course
• 8 units, of which 6 are mandatory
• 3 are assessed externally
A learner’s final qualification grade reflects their achievements across units in their BTEC Nationals course. Both internally and externally assessed units are individually graded, and each final unit grade is allocated points.
• Internally assessed units are marked and graded in the Centre (School, college or training provider) and subject to external verification by Pearson.
• Externally assessed units are marked and graded by Pearson.
• Units are graded Pass, Merit or Distinction with points between grades also recognised for external units. Total points scored across all units are used to calculate the final qualification grade.