Transforming an historic building at the heart of our School site, our new Sixth Form Centre is a beautiful new study and social space designed to prepare our Sixth Formers for life post-18.
Our Sixth Form Centre combines cutting-edge learning technology with proven pedagogical techniques aligned with our School emphasis on collaboration and encouraging a love of learning.
With dedicated spaces for our International Baccalaureate (IB), BTEC and A Level teaching as well as Careers support, our Sixth Form is a kind, purposeful place where young people develop their skills for a life of active, responsible citizenship.
The Sixth Form Difference
- Sustainable construction and environmental considerations throughout, with optimised air-handling units and electricity generated from solar PVs
- Student-led design choices for improving function and décor to create a space that is uniquely ‘yours’
- Full integration between Lower and Upper Sixth with shared quiet and social study hubs, and large social space (including kitchen)
- State-of-the-art technology and acoustics for study
- Bookable rooms for individual study or holding meetings to support your leadership or charitable roles within School
- Sixth Form staff, careers and pastoral team within the Centre to help you with your studies and answer questions
The Harkness Method of Teaching
Within our new Sixth Form Centre, we have dedicated two classrooms to the Harkness Method of teaching. This proven pedagogical technique encourages collaborative learning, preparing young people to be intellectually curious and courageous.
Find out more about what Sixth Form at Sidcot can offer you. From A Levels, BTECs, The International Baccelaureate (IB) to Leiths Cookery Courses not to mention all of the activities available outside the classroom.
Contact email@example.com for further details or to book a tour.