Sidcot School aims to be a pioneering school, a world-class centre of excellence where education is as much about nurturing the spirit as it is about achieving outstanding academic success.
This vision is enshrined in the Testimonies of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers). These Testimonies act as a touchstone and a challenge to the whole school community; those with faith and those without, all of whom are equally welcomed.
Truth and Integrity: We cherish the truth which enables our young people to develop integrity in what they do and what they think, helping them to build meaningful, lasting relationships.
Equality and Community: We believe all people are of equal worth and aim to build a truly international community that values all individuals and answers the good in everyone.
Peace: We encourage our young people to adopt peaceful methods of dealing with conflict in all its forms, taking both individual and collective responsibility in resolving differences.
Simplicity: We believe in living simply and adventurously, placing charity and concern for others at the centre of what we do.
Sustainability: We believe it is our responsibility to protect the Earth and to teach our young people to treasure and preserve it across the generations.
- To provide an education of quality, rooted in our Quaker ethos, for boys and girls aged 3 to 18 that demonstrate its difference and uniqueness.
- To inspire our young people to strive for excellence and a love of learning which goes beyond the formal curriculum; to develop independent searching minds, the confidence to inquire and challenge, encouraging them to realise their full academic potential.
- To instil in our young people Sidcot’s values, so that they may live them whilst at school and in their lives beyond.
- To provide a safe, welcoming, supportive and tolerant environment in which each young person feels recognised as an individual and, in turn, learns the importance of tolerance and consideration towards others.
- To maintain close relationships with parents, acting in partnership in guiding and caring for their children.
- To encourage wide interest and participation, at school and beyond, in sport, music, drama, community service, outdoor pursuits and other activities through the provision of excellent facilities and expert coaching and tuition, and to ensure high standards of achievement in these areas.
- To appoint talented staff who share our vision, values and aims and to assist them in their professional development.
- To maintain the boarding ethos and structures of the School to the benefit of all our young people – both day and boarding.
- To ensure that the School is of benefit to the community both locally and further afield.
- To maintain close and mutually beneficial links with all those who have an interest in Sidcot School, including alumni, past and present parents and former members of staff.
- To ensure that Sidcot enjoys a strong reputation locally, nationally and internationally.
- To work constantly towards the improvement and good maintenance of school facilities and to exercise careful, responsible stewardship of the School grounds and wider environment.