For medical matters, the school has its own Health Centre staffed by a team of highly experienced nurses. The local GPs (Doctors) hold surgeries at the school twice a week and students can choose to see a male or female doctor. In a recent boarding inspection our health centre was described as ‘outstanding’.
As well as caring for sick or injured students, the school nurses offer:
- Health screening
- Travel advice
- Immunisation / vaccination programmes
- Individual and group work with students covering a variety of health issues, including healthy eating, exercise, alcohol, drugs, smoking, puberty, sexual health and help with any concerns students might have
- Advice and support for parents and staff
- Student Counselling (fees apply)
- Private orthodontic treatment also available (fees apply)
Students suffering minor ailments or injuries can be nursed at School, however some conditions may require the student returning home/to their guardian whilst they recuperate. The school nurses are well equipped to support most medical conditions.
All boarders are registered with the local GP surgery under the National Health Service. Private medical insurance is available for those who require it.
The Health Centre is staffed Monday – Friday, 8am to 8pm and Saturday, 9am to 12pm.
If you would like further information please contact the Health Centre: 01934 845263 or email@example.com
You'll find our complete suite of policy documents, including all our medical policies here: School Documents and Policies.