Sidcot Arts Centre
In our Arts Centre we have professional standard facilities for arts and media which includes studios for painting, sculpture, photography and a digital media suite. The music school has a dedicated performance hall, practice rooms, recording studio and music technology suite.
The Arts Centre is a non-profit making space, which is open to the public on specific days for exhibitions, workshops, performances and other cultural events throughout the year.
The main gallery, which is light and spacious, and features some areas that are double height, has approximately 48 metres of hanging space, and areas suitable for 3D artworks. It has a professional hanging system, and a large number of plinths with ample room for flexibility of layout.
Further space off the main gallery, with 35.5 metres of hanging space can be made available. There is a separate gallery upstairs and overlooking the main gallery with 62 meters of hanging space. The Arts Centre also has the potential to work as one large space (divided).
A modern well equipped and comfortable studio facility primarily designed for Drama productions but also suitable as a lecture or presentation theatre.
- Seating for 98 persons in modern tiered seating, plus 12 on chairs on front row if required
- Dimensions: approx 10m x 9.4m (without seating)
- Approx. 6m x 4.5m “Performance” area in front of tiered seating
A simple, comfortable connecting drama classroom is also available with a 200mm raised stage area, suitable for rehearsal or small lectures with moveable chair seating for up to 24 persons can be provided.
- Dimensions: 7m x 6m
Bailey Concert Hall
- 100 seated on chairs for a concert type of event
- Music performance room has a sprung floor
- Contains a Steinway Grand Piano
- Approximately 23m of hanging space
Photos by Max McClure