All international students at Sidcot must have an educational guardian for the whole time that they are a student at the school. The guardian must be appointed by parents before the student arrives in the UK. Guardians may be a family relative or a family friend who is over 21 years of age and who is not a full-time student, but resident in the UK.
The guardian is responsible for:-
- arranging travel to and from the UK in conjunction with the parents;
- arranging travel to and from the school;
- providing time at the beginning and end of term to allow the student to recover from jet lag or prepare for travel;
- ensuring the student does not leave school early or arrive late;
- providing a home at half term;
- providing details of leave arrangements;
- being a link between parents and school;
- offering support and advice to the student and to the school;
- taking responsibility for a student during an emergency;
- providing a home for the student if unwell during term time.
We appreciate that not all parents will know a suitable person who can assume the role of Guardian to their child, and whilst we do not promote one Guardianship over another, click here to view a list of AEGIS (Association for the Education and Guardianship of International Students) approved Guardians who have students at Sidcot currently.